RARA-AVIS: 1st and 3rd person/Embrace the Wolf

From: Gerald So ( gso@optonline.net)
Date: 08 Dec 2001

Hello, all.

I've tracked down Benjamin Schutz's Haggerty novels and noticed the first is written in alternating first/third person as discussed last month. In the book Haggerty is searching for Herb Saunders, a husband/father of kidnapped children. The alternating POVs give readers deeper insight into Saunders's psyche than Haggerty could have upon meeting him and giving the traditional P.I read.

I'm just a few chapters in, but Schutz seems to have worked out the pacing, so I expect and welcome the third-person passages rather than being jarred by them.

Gerald