RARA-AVIS: Paperjacks

From: Moorich2@aol.com
Date: 07 Dec 2001

Regarding LEONARDO'S LAW by Warren Murphy:

"Richard, I have this book in paperback. It is A Locked Door Mystery published by Caryle Books, copyright1978 by Murphy with no other information as to other editions or editors given. Mark"

Mark, you have the first edition. Paperjacks published a reprint a decade later. It was under the Bogie's imprint and I just ordered a used copy of it via abebooks.com. Paperjacks, including the Bogie's imprint, did both reprints as well as originals.

While I was cruising abebooks.com, I decided to search for the one Michael Avallone title I wanted to own and have never been able to find. It's one of his Troy Conway novels: THE CUNNING LINGUIST (Paperback Library 1970). The title has always cracked me up. Found a copy for $8 and bought it. Used their e-commerce as I did not think I could call the bookstore and place the order without erupting into laughter.

Richard Moore