Re: RARA-AVIS: Music With Books

From: dave ( birdlives@earthlink.net)
Date: 07 Dec 2001

I only read one, based on the death of Wardell Gray in Vegas. He's very into jazz, so the detail is good. I wouldn't say it's too hardboiled, but the series is solid detective story kinda stuff. I believe they are contemporarily, based.

No doubt he will be dealing with the real Chet Baker -- that most sympathetic of all jazz characters. (heheh) Ever see
"Let's Get Lost."? One of the great jazz pics, I believe -- even if it is a little sensational and homoerotic ...

Dave