Re: RARA-AVIS: hardboiled board game

From: Karl W. Reinsch ( karl@rockin-r.net)
Date: 07 Dec 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 Mbdlevin@aol.com wrote:

> Someone mentioned a hardboiled board game. I saw a box (or ad) for what
> appeared to be a noir/hard-boiled video game (maybe with some sort of
> substantial narrative, but maybe not). Does anybody know about this? Doug

You are probably thinking of Max Payne - http://www.maxpayne.com
(warning - site requires Flash)

"Max Payne is a man with nothing to lose in the violent, cold urban night. A fugitive undercover cop framed for murder, and now hunted by cops and the mob. Max is a man with his back against the wall, fighting a battle he cannot hope to win..."

Reminds me a bit of that old David Letterman gag with Bruno Kirby -
"He's a cop...on the edge!"

-karl. karl@rockin-r.net