RARA-AVIS: McGee, Leonardo, and High Noon

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 06 Dec 2001

One of my favorite McGee novels is Bright Orange for the Shroud. Maybe because of the opening scene.

The Carlyle printing of Leonardo's Law was the first. Paperjacks might have reprinted it later on.

As for High Noon at Midnight, let the reader beware. I've known about Richard Moore's enthusiasm for this book for quite a while, and I agree with him to a certain extent. It's undoubtedly one of the oddest, maybe THE oddest, private-eye novels ever published, but it's not for everybody.
 If you're interested in linear story-telling and comprehensible plotting, forget it. On the other hand, if you're in the mood for some post-modern experimental lit, this could be just the ticket.

Bill Crider