Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: music shoutouts

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 05 Dec 2001

On 4 December 2001, Kevin Burton Smith wrote:

: Yeah, I had to ask, to confirm what I suspected. It didn't ruin the
: book for me, but it postponed my "Wow!" at the end of it for a few
: minutes, while I phoned a friend, to make sure I had the whole Bias
: story straight.

I'd forgotten who Len Bias was, so when I got to the end and remembered how he'd died, I thought, "Aha!" and realized what it would have meant to people who knew. I missed out on the foreshadowing, but cluing in afterwards put everything in a different context, so I got two for the price of one.

Bill