RARA-AVIS: Red Harvest

From: George Pelecanos ( shoedog1@erols.com)
Date: 01 Dec 2001

Susan Zieghan's RED HARVEST looks like a must-read. I'll put it on my nightstand right next to A FIRING OFFENSE, by David Ignatius. I was lucky enough to get the full press release on the new and improved HARVEST, which was sent to me by my friend Gordon Van Gelder. The book focuses, among other things, on a family of cranberry farmers (hence the title). While most books come with blurbs from authors and reviewers, this one comes with a testimonial from an executive at Ocean Spray. I'm not kidding.

By the way, Jay Russell's new novel, BROWN HARVEST, has recently been published. Now that's a good title.

George Pelecanos