RARA-AVIS: Legal thriller/Walter Walker

From: McHale, Steve ( SMcHale@filenet.com)
Date: 29 Nov 2001

Walker. His books can be quite hardboiled and many are even set in the vicinity of this month's city, Boston.

I'm pleased to hear that somebody else likes Walter Walker. While I think his books are darn good, they remind me more of PI stories than courtroom stories. As I recall, the protagonist happens to be a lawyer. By the way, avoid Walker's Two Dude Defense.

Most legal thrillers don't satisfy me, but I find that Steve Martini can keep my HB sensibilities engaged. Caution: his endings are silly in a Bruce Willis-Die Hard kinda way.

-Steve (long time lurker)