RARA-AVIS: Holloway House

From: George Pelecanos ( shoedog1@erols.com)
Date: 29 Nov 2001

In Elmore Leonard's forthcoming TISHOMINGO BLUES, a character, while talking about Miles Davis, says:

"You ever see that interview with Miles--the man goes, 'Then we come to the lowest part of your career, when you were pimping,' and Miles says in his voice, 'Wuz wrong with that?'"

In an unrelated note, have you folks discussed the Nick Tosches novel CUT NUMBERS, which has been republished in trade paperback? I just finished it last night, and it's about as hardboiled as it gets. Like everything Tosches writes, well worth the read.

George Pelecanos