RARA-AVIS: Kris Nelscott

From: Larson, Craig ( Craig.Larson@tsjc.cccoes.edu)
Date: 28 Nov 2001

I'm pretty sure that "Kris Nelscott", author of
_A Dangerous Road_, is a pseudonym of Kristine Kathryn Rusch, more well-known as a writer of fantasy and science fiction. I bought the book based on recommendations on the DorothyL-list, but haven't had a chance yet to read it.

What is the sentiment on the list regarding Stephen Hunter? I just finished his latest, _Pale Horse Coming_, over the weekend and I enjoyed it a lot, though it wasn't quite as strong as _Hot Springs_, which reminded me a lot of Max Allan Collins' Nate Heller novels. I think _Horse_ just tries to do a bit too much--echoes of _Seven Against Thebes_,
_Heart of Darkness_, _The Magnificent Seven_, etc., etc. And Hunter sure does seem to love his guns-- the descriptions of firearms are almost loving in their detail. Still, it was a very entertaining read.

Craig Larson Trinidad, CO