Re: RARA-AVIS: good courtroom novels/HB?

From: Jeremiah Healy ( jeremiahealy@earthlink.net)
Date: 28 Nov 2001

Carrie asked about good courtroom novels. I think Scott Turow's PRESUMED INNOCENT was remarkable. I also recommend THE JUROR by George Dawes Green, though it is more thriller and less "legal."

Book for book, the best I've read is Jay Brandon. He was nominated for an Edgar on FADE THE HEAT, and his quality of plotting, accuracy, AND style is, I think, second to none.

I've not read all of her books, but Frances Fyfield also does a great job of rendering the British system, and Barbara Parker's first three legal thrillers were terrifically evocative of Florida's.

Asking forgiveness from those I may have blanked on,

Jerry