Re: RARA-AVIS: Willeford

From: dave ( birdlives@earthlink.net)
Date: 27 Nov 2001

I seem to recall reading in the Herran bio that Willeford considered "Shark Infested Custard" his best work, upon finishing it. (late 60's?) Then he couldn't get it published, and considered abandoning writing, AGAIN, for the second time in his life! So, have hope, all writers. Although it was published posthumously...

It's about four swingin' Miami bachelors who get into big trouble -- but only the trouble Willeford could write about. Yeah, man! Nobody combines darkness with humor like CW.

BTW, one segment of that book was printed before "Shark...," entitled "Kiss Your Ass Goodbye..."

Dave