Re: RARA-AVIS: used books

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Nov 2001

--- Rob Preston < rpreston@juniper.net> wrote:
> Anyone that cares to dig up and read an old used
> book, be it a
> paperback/hardcover/pulp I don't think is ever going
> to have a problem
> finding the stuff...

> I don't see
> this changing. I would
> worry more about people reading. period.

Well, it's hard to argue that books in general are ever going to be in short supply. I think the point was that trying to find a specific book can become increasing difficult, and I think that's equally hard to argue. Try, for instance, to find Carroll John Daly. You can find a few re-printed shorts, and there have been three or four books re-printed in the last twenty years or so. But that's about it. Anything other than those few things will cost hundreds or thousands of dollars (U.S.), and Daly just ain't worth it. Perhaps when I'm rich and famous...

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/