RARA-AVIS: Tarantino and Higgins

From: Carrie Pruett ( pruettc@hotmail.com)
Date: 21 Nov 2001

scatalogic wrote:
>What does an HB reader look like?

Actually, I meant that QT doesn't look like somebody who reads at all. Most of the stories circulated about him involved working in a video store with the implication that he just sort of absorbed things from other films. I remember when i first saw Pulp fiction, my first exposure to Tarantino, I tuned in to watch him on some talk show all keen to hear what he was going to have to say about directors who influenced him, allegories of redemption, etc, and he spent the whole time talking about how if you eat too much cereal it sticks to the roof of your mouth. Struck me that his celebrity, at least at that time, was based on pretending to be dumber than he really is.

Carrie

"When I finally caught up with Abraham Trahearne, he was drinking beer with an alcoholic bulldog named Fireball Roberts in a ramshackle joint just outside of Sonoma, California, drinking the heart right out of a fine spring afternoon."
-James Crumley, "The Last Good Kiss"