Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent readings

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 20 Nov 2001

On 20 November 2001, Mario Taboada wrote:

: Donald Westlake, The Hook. A fantastic, scary and moving
: book. It's as if a David Goodis had written this -- but
: with Westlake's skill. I would call it a noir classic.

That's some prime stuff. That and THE AX are the real thing. Anyone who hasn't read them should do so soon.

: Two Raravians out of five... Cap'n Bill, what do I get for
: loyalty?

The chance to win a free copy of Jason Starr's next book, courtesy of Mr. Starr and Black Lizard. Details to follow in January--stay tuned. (And if it's like his earlier ones, it'll be another one not to miss, and won't waste a word or have any bloat. Him and Scott Phillips in THE ICE HARVEST--they know how Gold Medals used to be.)

Bill