Re: RARA-AVIS: homophobia in HB

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 18 Nov 2001

In a message dated 11/18/01 12:57:32 PM, kentwestmoreland@hotmail.com writes:

<< Perhaps Marlowe was homophobic because he hated his homosexual yearnings. More likely some people have tried to over analyze Marlowe and he was neither. To paraphrase Alfred Hitchcock Marlowe's adventures were just stories. >>

I seem to recall we had a lot of fun with this topic back when we were reading that compilation of Marlowe stories by other authors: Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe a couple years back.

John Lau