RARA-AVIS: sidekick morals

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 17 Nov 2001

I've started rereading Benjamin Schutz in preparation for DC month. In Embrace the Wolf, PI Leo Haggerty confronts the issue of our recent discussion about the morality of the PI not stopping someone else from doing what he won't do:

"Somewhere back in the darkest corner of my mind I held out the hope that if I was with him, maybe something would happen where I couldn't protect Randolph [a serial child murderer]. Then Saunders would get his wish, but it wouldn't be my fault. That was more craven than I could stand, so I buried that thought."

Mark