RARA-AVIS: Announcement: New Issue, Plots With Guns #14, Nov/Dec

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 17 Nov 2001

Warning: The New Issue of Plots With Guns, the Internet's hard-boiled and noir magazine, has just been posted at http://www2.netdoor.com/~ansmith

A new selection of great Crimedog fiction, essays, and a couple of dispatches from BOUCHERCON 2001. Brought to you with a smirk from the trio of top dogs, one of whom has been accused of having no "actual morals."

We've got the final installment of Frederick Zackel's novella DARK RED AND DEADLY. Heavy stuff. And then a Zackel-double when he takes on the contemporary state of PI fiction in LONE WOLVES AND LADY DICKS.

New fiction from Ed Lynskey, Scott L. Anderson, Stephen D. Rogers, Tim Wohlforth, and Kevin James Miller.

Plus: Gischler's HARD-BOILED DIXIE column takes a look at his publishers at UglyTown Productions in all their drunken majesty. And your fearless (sure, whatever) tour guide, me, takes you step-by-step through the B'con experience in my little slide show (No, you can't be excused. You'll stay and you'll LIKE it!)

All this surrounded and embedded into another drop-dead brilliant graphic design scheme and cover art from Aaron Armstrong, purveyor of noir imagery.

And what does all this cost? Well, it costs me a nice wad, but for you, ZIPPO! So dig in and don't be embarrassed. Plots With Guns: morality free for your reading pleasure.