Re: RARA-AVIS: goodwill booksale

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Nov 2001

--- Mark Sullivan < DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net> wrote:
> A paperback of Random Walk by Lawrence Block -- I
> know it's long out of
> print, now available through iUniverse, but what the
> hell is it? I
> realize it's not hardboiled, but has anyone read it?
> How is it?

I liked it. It's definitely not h-b, but Block can tell a story, h-b or not. I don't think it did very well, but I suspect that's just because it wasn't what people expect from Larry Block.

> I know I could look it up on your site,
> Kevin, but how many
> Trace books were there?

It seems to me there were four. I love this series, and wish Murphy would write more. I can't exactly call this h-b, either, but Trace is a pretty tough drunk.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/