RARA-AVIS: goodwill booksale

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 15 Nov 2001

I hit the Goodwill Booksale this morning. I checked out the records first. I didn't do that well there (the highlights were a Funkadelic 12" and American Breed's Bend Me Shape Me LP), so I probably should have gone straight to the books.

Anyway, I got a few things I thought I'd check with the list:

A paperback of Random Walk by Lawrence Block -- I know it's long out of print, now available through iUniverse, but what the hell is it? I realize it's not hardboiled, but has anyone read it? How is it?

Black Gangster by Donald Goines -- although I have Dopefiend, I've never read him. Any particularly recommended?

Love is a Racket by John Ridley -- I've read Stray Dogs and enjoyed it
(never saw the movie though, I'm not a fan of Oliver Stone)

Trace and 47 Miles of Rope by Warren Murphy -- I've read the Digger books and the first Trace and thought they were fun, but didn't keep up with them. I know I could look it up on your site, Kevin, but how many Trace books were there?

Don't Go Away Dead: An Original X Rated Peter Chambers Mystery by Henry Kane

Mark