Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: I can't resist

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 15 Nov 2001

George,

You're not hallucinating. There was a series called A Man Called Hawk starring Avery Brooks, spun off from Spenser: For Hire. I liked the few episodes I saw, but it didn't last very long. The show's page on www.imdb.com has one fan's theory on why that was, because America wasn't ready to see a Strong Black Man as the lead in a series. He makes a pretty good argument.

Mark