RE: RARA-AVIS: American Sidekicks: Levin after Crider

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 14 Nov 2001

Ball's an interesting case in this regard, given the various dynamics in the Tibbs-Gillespie (if it's Gillespie in the novel, it's been a decade or so since I've read it) relation, and the Tibbs-Nakamura relation in most of the other novels, as sketchy as it often is. Nakamura's his partner on the SFPD, iirc. TM

-----Original Message----- From: Mbdlevin@aol.com [mailto: Mbdlevin@aol.com] Bill Crider writes:

<< Parker has a PhD in English. Considering when
 he recieved the degree, I'd be willing to bet he read Leslie Fiedler's
 LOVE AND DEATH IN THE AMERICAN NOVEL >>

  There's John Ball (Heat of Night--haven't read it, and not quite a sidekick thing, of course).