RARA-AVIS: Hiaasen Hard-Boiled?

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 14 Nov 2001

Stewart said:

>In the only two Hiassen (okay - not hard boiled...

This is just a sidebar, I know, but I always thought of Hiassen's stuff as carrying on the tradition of hard-boiled screwball types like Jonathan Latimer, Craig Rice and Shell Scott.

The humour may be a little blacker, and even more gonzo, but I definitely see them as an off-shoot of the hard-boiled canon.

--

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.thrillingdetective.com
This issue, the Private Eye Goes Global. Plus Thrilling Detective Web Fiction from John Swan, D.L. Browne and Steve Kaye. -- # To unsubscribe from the regular list, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to # majordomo@icomm.ca. This will not work for the digest version. # The web pages for the list are at http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/ .