Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V3 #951 Mick Ballou

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Nov 2001

--- "Dixon H. Chandler II" < dchandler@nettally.com> >

> When was Mick introduced? Does he predate Hawk? I
> don't think so, but I'm
> not sure, and whoever noted (I think it was Mark,
> again -- sharp guy, you!)
> that Parker split the PI into two sensibilities was
> right on the money.
> (Unless Mick came first, that is.)

At last, a question about TWO authors to which I know the answer off the top of my head. Mick shows up in OUT ON THE CUTTING EDGE, a great Scudder novel, in the late 80s--1989 I think, but don't hold me to it. Hawk shows up, as has been mentioned, in PROMISED LAND, in 1976--well before Mick's introduction.

I've said it before, but I recommend both of these books to anyone who hasn't read them.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/