RARA-AVIS: sidekicks

From: Carrie Pruett ( pruettc@hotmail.com)
Date: 13 Nov 2001

>Much of the time, however, I think it is an easy way of allowing the >hero
>to keep his activities above the mud (most of Cole and Pike, all >of the
>Lehane books, and especially Harlen Coben). Jim Blue

Do you really think Lehane keeps his heroes above the mud? Patrick and Angie are doing (and for the most part getting away with) things from the first book that I would have expected to *maybe* happen far into a long series when the heroes were scraping rock bottom. I suppose you could argue that P&A look good relative to Bubba, but that's not a very high standard. Me, I love 'em all, corrupt and nasty as they can get. I mean, really, it's fantasy.

As for Coben, Myron is just a wuss and Win is repulsive, but that's just one girl's opinion :).

Carrie