RARA-AVIS: Re: We want to know...

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 13 Nov 2001

>Now whose sidekicks are Hump Evans, Ahmad Dakar, Ranger and Bobo?

Ralph Dennis' Jim Hardman, Richard R. Werry Evanovich's Stephanie Plum and Elizabeth Cosin's Zen Moses, respectively. I'm not sure if Mulroy actually qualifies -- I haven't read the book -- but a friend assures me Dakar plays Hawk to J.D.'s grown-up Nancy Drewish P.I.

Next week, Chet Morton starts packing heat, and the Bobbsey Twins do a drive-by...

>Kevin, what about Cowboy, "the most dangerous man alive," the
>sidekick to W. Glenn Duncan's Rafferty?

Dang! I missed Cowboy. Worse, I don't even have a listing for Rafferty! And I loved that series. If anyone feels like kicking one in, drop me a line.

--

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.thrillingdetective.com
This issue, the Private Eye Goes Global. Plus Thrilling Detective Web Fiction from John Swan, D.L. Browne and Steve Kaye. -- # To unsubscribe from the regular list, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to # majordomo@icomm.ca. This will not work for the digest version. # The web pages for the list are at http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/ .