Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Not exactly psycho

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 12 Nov 2001

Dick noted:

"Just to set the record straight: I used the term sociopath, not psycho. A small point, mainly of degree, but I think all the wet work sidekicks fall into the category."

True, I used the word psycho. I was using it in a too loose way, too, as has been pointed out by Mark B. Sociopath is more accurate. With the possible exception of Mouse, there is a rhyme and reason to their anti-social behavior.

I hadn't thought of Mick Ballou in this category, but he sure fits. However, while the other honorable sides of the pairs generally try to rein in their evil doppelgangers (do you think it was mere coincidence that Parker made them literally black and white?), Matt Scudder's association with Mick often leads to his own corruption, to his engaging in behaviors he probably would not have done, or been "forced to do" on his own.

Mark