Re: RARA-AVIS: Best films: Smith and all

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 12 Nov 2001

> And I'll note that I found SEXY BEAST, like the season's horror sensation
> THE OTHERS, a fine hour film strung out to 90 minutes or so. Painless and
> fun as far as they went, just too slight for their length. TM

Not only in films, but a similar thing in crime novels lately. Big long books that are pretty good but would've been better as shorter novels. And then, thanks to The Ice Harvest and The 25th Hour, finally we're getting those short and powerful works that feel complete without all the extra pages.

NSmith