Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Parker criticism

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 12 Nov 2001

Mark S:
> I'm feeling too lazy to get up and actually look, but didn't Mosley's
> Mouse, a definite psycho, appear before Pike? And as far as it goes, is
> Pike really any more psycho than Hawk? I'd even say Pike has a strong
> sense of morality. He's just very willing to use massive firepower in
> making bad people pay with extreme prejudice.

Monkey's Raincoat came out in 1987 anf Devil in a Blue Dress in 1990.

I actually agree with you about Pike and was going to write that, but if you consider Hawk psycho, Pike is certainly is more so. 'Dress is the only Mosley book I've read so Mouse being an example didn't occur to me. As far as that goes, Coben's first, Deal Breaker, came out in '95 a year after Lehane's A Drink Before the War. so maybe I should have ended with Win insead. .

Kevin - any more? Mark