Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Parker criticism

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 12 Nov 2001

Mark B wrote:

"This may be quibbling but I wouldn't call Hawk psycho. I think he is simply amoral. Those who have more widely in the field may correct me, but to my knowledge Crais is the author who started the moving the Hawk-like character towards being psycho perhaps culminating in Lehane's Bubba."

I'm feeling too lazy to get up and actually look, but didn't Mosley's Mouse, a definite psycho, appear before Pike? And as far as it goes, is Pike really any more psycho than Hawk? I'd even say Pike has a strong sense of morality. He's just very willing to use massive firepower in making bad people pay with extreme prejudice.

Mark