Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Parker criticism

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 12 Nov 2001

Mark S wrote,

> . And, as Dick also noted, his splitting the
> PI into two persons, one honorable, one psycho, was absolutely
> brilliant.

or maybe we can say, " down these mean streets a man must go , who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid" because he knows there is a man with a gun watching his back.

  This may be quibbling but I wouldn't call Hawk psycho. I think he is simply amoral. Those who have more widely in the field may correct me, but to my knowledge Crais is the author who started the moving the Hawk-like character towards being psycho perhaps culminating in Lehane's Bubba. Mark.