RARA-AVIS: Parker

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 11 Nov 2001

I'm one guy who's stuck with Parker through thick and thin. I've read all his books (yes, even LOVE AND GLORY), and I've found something to like in every one of them. The stuff that bothers some readers (Pearl the WD, Susan, etc.) doesn't really bother me that much. Sure, the books are mostly lightweight entertainment, but there are times when that's exactly what I'm looking for. Parker reminds me a little of Fats Domino: he's been doing the same thing for a long time, but he still does it pretty well, most of the time. And now and then he does it very well indeed.

Bill Crider