Re: RARA-AVIS: Recently read - Boston II

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Nov 2001

<<Here is a short excerpt that I thought was especially laughable:

"Susan put her knife and fork down, and folded her hands under her chin and gazed at me in silence.
'Don't let them kill you,' Susan said.
'I won't', I said. She thought for a minute looking at me , and then said, 'No

you won't, will you.'
'No'">>

Yeah, this maudlin stuff by the fireside is embarrassing. I don't know what got into Parker after a few books. He's a damned skillful writer, but he seems to have gotten stuck on hackneyed situations and (by now) pat characters. He can probably write this stuff in his sleep, and it sells, but he could do so much better...

Regards,

MrT

=====