Re: RARA-AVIS: invented cities

From: Scatalogic@aol.com
Date: 08 Nov 2001

In a message dated 08/11/01 17:43:47 GMT Standard Time, pruettc@hotmail.com writes:

<<
 I'm curious about other writers who have done this, either invented their
 own city or constructed a fictional area within a real city.

Jack O Connell, who I think is ace, futuristic (reminds me of Blade Runner a little, but then all dystopian cities get that) Quinsigamond - a run down New England factory town. It works for me, is consistant, and, I suppose vitally, allows O Connell to come up with all the noir quarters - racial and criminal
- that anyone could desire. I like Box Nine and the most recent Word Made Flesh (??). I wouldn't want to live in Quinsigamond. Colin