RARA-AVIS: book buys: any opinions?

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 04 Nov 2001

Kevin Smith, Kerry Schooley and I went on a book run after Bouchercon this morning. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the books I picked up, should any be put on top of my pile?

The one I'm most curious about is Hammer Me Home by Richard R. Werry. I've never heard of the title or the author, but it was cheap and had cool jacket copy:

"This novel in the great, hard-boiled tradition of Dashiell Hammett and James M. Cain. Not for the squeamish or the easily shocked, it takes a long, hard look at the seamy underside of life."

Does anyone know anything about this book or author?

The rest were more known quantities, but how do these stack up?

Sleep with Slander by Dolores Hitchens Bullitt (was Mute Witness) by Robert L Pike Penny Dreadful by Will Christopher Baer (I liked his first) And several non-Travis JD MacDonalds: Judge Me Not The Damned Cry Hard Cry Fast The Brass Cupcake

Thanks, Mark