RARA-AVIS: Recent reading

From: michaelschong@canada.com
Date: 29 Oct 2001

The Hunter, Point Blank, by Richard Stark. After seeing all the films, and the dicussion on the list, I read it in one sitting. I don't know about the rest of the series, but Parker is cold. Revenge nonstop.

Elmore Leonard's The Hunted. Sort of different for Leonard, set in Israel. Interesting in light of present events.

Plan B by Chester Himes. This was a second run through. Based around some of the short stories available in his collection, Himes writes a fever dream of hatred and violence. His heroes from the Harlem Domestics, Coffin Ed And Gravedigger take sides and one dies. Unpublished until recently, Plan B was rewritten, I think, into Blindman with a Pistol, the last of the domestics.

Chong