RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V3 #925

From: marianne.macdonald@lineone.net
Date: 25 Oct 2001

>He's real, but that's not his name. Money, Money, Money is his newest
For one glorious moment I thought you were saying....

I read Blackboard Jungle at the time, though I'd forgotten about that, and had no quarrel with it.

The recycling comment suggests that I needn't go on here for long. In fact I see that the SECOND of my 2nd hand paper backs, Axe (1964) has a blurb which says "An axe had split his skull wide open. It was pretty goddam gory. Then someone killed a cop." Again. But page 1 seems better written than Cop Hater. Oh well...

Actually, I've always found straightforward police procedurals the least interesting sub-genre.

Marianne

Thaks, everybody.