Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V3 #924

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 24 Oct 2001

On 24 October 2001, BetsyaW@aol.com wrote:

: He's real, but that's not his name. Money, Money, Money is his newest,
: the 50th book in the 87th precinct series. My only quarrel he sets the
: stories in a fictive city he calls Isoleta which is clearly New York,
: and I'm never sure of the purpose of that.

He's said he uses Isola, which is New York flipped 90 degrees, so that he can move things around or make mistakes and not get letters correcting him on mistakes. He can make the police department work how he wants, not how it really does. I don't mind that at all, but while I admire his output his books just don't interest me. I try one every couple of years to see if they or I have changed, but neither of us ever do.

Bill