RARA-AVIS: Re: Harrington and Iced

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 23 Oct 2001

Doug wrote:

>Kevin,
>
>What's the skinny on this book (Kent Harrington's new one, THE
>TATOOED MUSE)? No Amazon listing, no mention at Dennis McMillan's
>website. Nothing on a limited web search.

Yeah, I just did the search last night, when I was trying to get a bit more info on it for my WHAT'S NEW page (it is, among other things, a P.I. novel). Yet the publicist who got the manuscript into my grubby little hands assures me it's coming out in November.

I'll be doing a new issue, with some great stories and a pretty interesting (I think) P.I. Poll before I leave, so if anyone has anything more to say about private eye flicks you've only got a few more days.

And speaking of new books (if I may plug myself a bit) check out ICED, a Canadian noir anthology that features not one, but two of us Rare Birds (or three, sorta, in fact, if you count Kerry Schooley and that John Swan guy who always seems to follow him around as two people). Even ignoring my story, which I'm pleased as piss to have included in there, it's a really really great read, full of nasty people and deliciously black humour by some folks who aren't even named Smith. And you can dance to it. And it's been getting pretty good reviews, so far.

Canuck noir, eh?

There's more info on my web site at http://www.thrillingdetective.com/iced.html and at Insomniac Press' site, at http://www.insomniacpress.com/