Re: RARA-AVIS: Chet Drum in [San] Fr[anc]isco

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Oct 2001

Bill,

Re your question below:

> Did Stephen Marlowe's Chet Drum ever have an
> adventure in San Francisco?
> Any Drum experts out there who might know?

To the best of my knowledge, the closest Drum ever got to The City was in DOUBLE IN TROUBLE during which, if memory serves, he headed into LA to meet Shell Scott at roughly the same time Scott was headed east to confront Drum. That book, and the short story "The Terrorists," are the only two Drum entries I know of which are not set, at least partly, in a foreign country.

JIM DOHERTY