Re: RARA-AVIS: Don Winslow & Richard Stark

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Oct 2001

Re Mark Sullivan's post below:

> I just noticed that the new TV series UC: Undercover
> is co-created,
> co-written (at least the first episode) and
> executive produced by a Don
> Winslow. Anyone know if it is California Fire and
> Life, etc., Don
> Winlsow?

The name "Don Winslow" wasn't the only thing that jumped out at me, but the fact that the main villain, Sonny (William Forsythe, who palyed Al Capone in the 93-94 syndicated UNTOUCHABLES series) seemed so similar to Parker.

Come to think of it, I had the same impression about Robert De Niro's character in HEAT.

Did this occur to anyone else?

JIM DOHERTY