RE: RARA-AVIS: Recommended Lansdale?

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 05 Oct 2001

Hell, I'd offer up his short fiction collections along with any CF novel I've read so far (or his JONAH HEX or LONE RANGER comics, and his wonder western short novels THE MAGIC WAGON and DEAD IN THE WEST). His crime-fiction novels have all been very good to excellent, but his best work I've read has been in short form, such as the absolutely top-flight suspense story "The Night They Missed the Horror Show" and only a notch below, his recent contribution to THE MYSTERIOUS PRESS ANNIVERSARY ANTHOLOGY...along with such impressive off the wall work as "Bob the Dinosaur Goes to Disneyland." Just picked up (at the World SF Con) a couple of his small-press-only-so-far/-again novels, which I hope to read soon. TM