Re: RARA-AVIS: Recommended Lansdale?

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 05 Oct 2001

    I'd recommend starting with any of the Hap Leonard books and it's hard to beat the opening pages of "The Two Bear Mambo." The only one I wouldn't vote for is "The Bottoms" which, as his editor explained it to me, was the book she had "wanted him to write to crossover into mainstream fiction where he can find a larger audience." Apparently he crossed the divide but it's too much warmed over Harper Lee and not enough Joe R. Lansdale for me.

                                    Jim Blue