Re: RARA-AVIS: Pronzini/San Francisco

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 02 Oct 2001

Craig Larson:

One thing that I did wonder about though,
> is that he's 47 years old in this book and I know there are
> at least another twenty or so in the series--how does Pronzini
> handle this aspect of his character? Does Nameless age?
> Does he basically stay the same? By the end of _Crazybone_,
> he'd be in his 80s.

I have only read CASEFILES, a collection of Nameless stories. In the introduction to that or somewhere else I read Pronzini saying Nameless is very much like him. They both are overweight, smoked too much and are sloppy. I think in most of the stories Nameless' his age is given so it would be hard for Pronzini to not have him age. To write a new book I guess he could have Nameless remoniscing over a past case Mark.