Re: RARA-AVIS: Richard Stark

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 02 Oct 2001

Brad asked:

"I've noticed that a couple of Parke books by Richard Stark have recently been reissued: "The Mourner" and "The Score". How do they rate compared to others in the series? Any comments?"

The Mourner is the fourth in the series. I'm a big advocate of reading the first four together and in order, as they seem to me to have been plotted as one long continuity. The Score, the fifth, stands independent of others in the series (other than having some characters who are or become recurring).

The Mourner is very good. The Score is one of the best in the series.

Mark