Re: RARA-AVIS: Hawk's Secret Past

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 01 Oct 2001

Gerald So told us when some of Hawk's past was revealed:
> Bill,
>
> > I've long since given up trying to keep up with the titles of Parker's
> > books, but he did do one in which we learn quite a bit about Hawk's >
past. I'm only guessing here, but I think it came out before L. A. > REQUIEM.

> The book was HUSH MONEY. It came out in March of '99, three months
> before REQUIEM.

That explains it. The last Parker/Spenser book I read was WALKING SHADOW which came out in pb in '94. I have a couple more but haven't had the interest to read them. It's sad because even though I had read Hammett, Chandler and R MacDonald many years ago, Parker is the author who got me really interested in hb when sf began to pall.

If REQUIEM and HUSH were published so closely, the two authors must have conceived the idea independently unless they are in close communication. I guess I now must dig up HUSH to see how it compares.. Mark