RARA-AVIS: Hawk's Secret Past

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 01 Oct 2001

Mark said:

>>>I don't think Hawk's background or life is ever mentioned at any length..
I think Robert Crais realized the necessity of doing this in LA REQUIEM which was mainly about his Hawklike character, Joe Pike. Because Parker identifies so with Spenser

I don't think will ever do this because it would acknowledge the character Spenser is not particularly interesting.>>>

I've long since given up trying to keep up with the titles of Parker's books, but he did do one in which we learn quite a bit about Hawk's past.
 I'm only guessing here, but I think it came out before L. A. REQUIEM.

Bill Crider