Re: RARA-AVIS: the black ice

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Sep 2001

--- M Blumenthal < blumenidiot@21stcentury.net> wrote:
> I have read that Parker's third Spenser book, THE
> JUDAS GOAT, was the one
> that really made the series.

Mark,

I'm glad I kept reading after Carrie's post, because my first instinct was to hit "reply" and say more or less what you just said. THE JUDAS GOAT, however, is the fifth Spenser book, not the third. I'm not sure that I would say it "made" the series, but I've said before that I consider books 4-6 the best of the series. Hawk first appears in book 4, THE PROMISED LAND.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/