RARA-AVIS: The Black Ice

From: Graham Powell ( bleekerbooks@hotmail.com)
Date: 28 Sep 2001

I've only read one Connelly book, THE BLACK ICE, and I have to admit I didn't care for it. What most see as a rather dispassionate tone I thought was just distant and a little uninterested. Also, Connelly would have some dialog and then say something like "He was so angry he..." or whatever, when I didn't get that from the dialog at all. For some reason the emotional content of the book just didn't reach me at all. I have pledged to give him another chance since so many people really like his work, though.

Graham
----------- http://www.BleekerBooks.com Mysteries.com Site Of The Week