Re: RARA-AVIS: Hammett Opera

From: William Denton (
Date: 27 Sep 2001

On 26 September 2001, Mark Harris wrote:

: A scene from my chamber opera _Red Harvest_ (based on the mystery
: novel of the same name by Dashiell Hammett) will be performed as part
: of a concert by the Washington Square Contemporary Music Society.
: I've been lucky enough to get 2 incredible singers and a talented
: chamber ensemble. Should be a terrific concert.

Mr. Carson was on the list, and perhaps still is, and has mentioned the opera a couple of times. It's good to see he's got something on stage again. If anyone goes to see the show, please report back, we'd love to hear about it.

No audio tracks from the opera yet, alas, but there are clips from a string quartet called "The Hardboiled Wonderland." Mr. Carson, if you're out there, please put up an aria!

William Denton : Toronto, Canada : : Caveat lector.

-- # To unsubscribe from the regular list, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to # This will not work for the digest version. # The web pages for the list are at .