Re: RARA-AVIS: Hammett Opera

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 27 Sep 2001

On 26 September 2001, Mark Harris wrote:

: A scene from my chamber opera _Red Harvest_ (based on the mystery
: novel of the same name by Dashiell Hammett) will be performed as part
: of a concert by the Washington Square Contemporary Music Society.
: I've been lucky enough to get 2 incredible singers and a talented
: chamber ensemble. Should be a terrific concert.

Mr. Carson was on the list, and perhaps still is, and has mentioned the opera a couple of times. It's good to see he's got something on stage again. If anyone goes to see the show, please report back, we'd love to hear about it.

: http://home.nyu.edu/~shc222

No audio tracks from the opera yet, alas, but there are clips from a string quartet called "The Hardboiled Wonderland." Mr. Carson, if you're out there, please put up an aria!

Bill